At Celgene we are committed to changing the course of human health through bold pursuits in science, life-enhancing therapies and a promise to always put patients first. Celgene’s Inflammation and Immunology organization is made up of passionate, talented people who contribute every day to achieving our mission of putting patients first with industry-leading programs.
To build on this important work, we are hiring a Product Manager who will join our team in The Netherlands.
What great looks like in this role
Our ideal Product Manager is a proactive, solution-oriented, strategic thinker.
You have experience in companies that have innovative products and have collaborated with cross-functional teams to drive the execution of successful national marketing campaigns in The Netherlands.
Additionally, you understand the Rheumatology market very well and you will use your skills and experience to manage multiple projects with minimal oversight.
Objectives of this Role
- You will contribute, in close collaboration with the Disease Team for Inflammation and Immunology (I&I), Key Account Managers I&I and Regional Medical Liaison(s) I&I and under the leadership of the Business Unit Director (BUD) I&I, to the development and execution of the marketing plan for your assigned product.
- You will take ownership to develop and implement the marketing strategy and tactics for the product that contribute to the strategic and financial goals of the product, the I&I business unit and the company.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Market understanding: conduct market research and analyze outcomes in collaboration with Business Analyst to understand the market, the performance and competitors and the behaviour of customers (Rheumatologists).
- Marketing plan (including revenue forecast): contribute to the development and execution of the marketing plan in close collaboration with the Disease Team I&I and under the leadership of the BUD I&I.
- Performance monitoring/reporting: monitor strategic and financial KPIs and milestones, in collaboration with colleagues working on another indication for the product. Conduct and analyze market research in collaboration with Business Analyst to monitor the impact of tactics.
- KOL/stakeholder management: build effective, trusted and lasting relationships with KOLs (rheumatology) and medical societies in collaboration with the disease team and the fieldforce to maximize market access and optimal product positioning in therapy.
- Expense management: develop and produce marketing materials, projects and programs within the agreed budget and/or latest estimate.
- Training: ensure that the fieldforce properly trained on marketing strategies, materials, projects and programs and convinced about the value of the product in the indication for patients and HCPs. Keep own knowledge of diseases and products up to date.
- Compliance: ensure that all marketing materials and activities have been approved prior to external usage and will be reapproved at the required timing of reapproval.
Knowledge and skills required
- Advanced understanding of and extensive experience with managing and marketing a pharmaceutical brand.
- Disease area knowledge – Rheumatology.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience in a hospital environment.
- Proven informal leader (within cross-functional teams).
- Proven project management & sales skills.
- Excellent strategic, analytical and forecasting skills.
- Excellent communicator in both Dutch and English (oral and written).
- Can do and must do mentality: treat his/her business as if it is his/her own.
- Highly persistent and high ability to address difficult challenges.
COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
“At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients.”
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.
Click here for the vacancy